Wednesday 20 June 2012

E-Commerce Teaching

Updates have been a bit slow this year, as I've been teaching a whole pile of (new) courses. As well as the digital graphics / games development courses I tend to talk about on this blog, I've also got another hat teaching web development / e-commerce / eBay courses for people with small businesses.

As well as getting me up to speed on the current considerations, platforms and so on, it's been useful to approach website development from the point of view of different 'customer personae'. It's straightforward to assess a design based on what you think of it, but perhaps more instructive to put yourself in the place of a 'character' visiting the site, and see how it fares.

Hopefully I'll find the time to post more regularly, though with a flat move and upcoming summer courses, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment